SENIOR SYSTEMS CONSULTANT (TESTING AND EVALUATION)
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The work involves responsibility for supervising staff responsible for providing computerized testing and evaluation services between the BOCES Regional Computer Center and member schools. This position is responsible for maintaining communication between multiple parties, such as school districts, application vendors, internal customers and staff. Duties include organizing and facilitating meetings and training as well as systems consulting and analysis. Direct supervision is received from the Project Manager or other administrative superior. Does related work as required.
Leadership and Supervision
• Supervise testing and evaluation department staff including systems consultants, control clerks, and other related staff.
• Maintain communication between multiple parties, such as school districts, application vendors, internal customers and staff.
• Review customer feedback, identify and address concerns with personnel.
• Organize and facilitate meetings and training to deliver meaningful information, ensuring school district confidence.
• Lead informational sessions to gain feedback and engage districts in current or future application use.
• Create and maintain user documentation, user guides, training materials, and related forms.
• Maintain communication with school districts in relation to reporting deadlines, important testing memorandums, and provide other up to date information that is ever changing.
Systems Consulting and Analysis
• Review current applications against testing and evaluation needs.
• Formulate potential areas of improvement, conduct continual user development, and identify potential services that could increase customer satisfaction and retain staff connection with the process.
• Serve as a liaison between end users and vendors, encouraging user suggestions and relaying feedback to vendors.
• Monitor current testing needs of school districts.
• Communicate with programmers and vendors to provide school districts with their testing data in a timely manner, while following security protocols.
• Work with programmers to ensure suggestions are beneficial for all centers.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Good knowledge of computerized pupil testing and evaluation services and the input and output of computerized data.
Working knowledge of the computer terminal, its language and codes.
Ability to communicate the systems service goals and objectives, lead discussions and make presentations.
Ability to gather and analyze information and draw logical conclusions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school district personnel and computer center staff.
Ability to lead teams of people to accomplish projects under deadlines and provide direct supervision of related titles.
Two (2) years of permanent competitive class status in the title of Systems Consultant (Testing and Evaluation).
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a baccalaureate degree and four (4) years of full time work experience, or its part time equivalent, as described in (A1) or (A2) below:
1) Work experience in educational testing and measurements, teaching, or guidance counseling, or a closely related field which must have included responsibility for the use and function of computerized pupil testing and evaluation records in a leadership capacity; or,
2) Work experience in application utilization of computerized testing and evaluation systems which must have included leadership responsibility for analyzing, evaluating, organizing or planning the use, or potential use of computerized testing and evaluation services and records in the resolution of problems, improving statistical reporting or in meeting work objectives; or,
B. Eight (8) years of full time professional or paraprofessional level work experience, or its part time equivalent; four (4) years of which must have included work experience as described in (A1) or (A2) above; or,
C. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
Note: Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Master’s Degree in educational tests and measurements, statistics, education or a closely related field may be substituted for up to one (1) year or work experience.
SPECIAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENT
Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license at time of appointment.
4/2016 Date of Original Composition